promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Tomboy asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Help with Dog Sickness!?

We just got my dog about 8 months ago. He is about 2 1/2 years old, or so we think. During the summer, he was fine. Running, jumping, eating, everything normal. During the last few months he has had cases where he throws up. He will throw up one or two days, then not again for another few weeks. We are trying to narrow it down to maybe something he eats. Could chew bones cause this? Or food? Any suggestions on why he is doing this?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

don't feed anything except dog food, if he's still throwing up, you'll know. Cut out all treats, chew bones, table food, just to see if that helps. Does he run outside alone? If so he may be getting into something outside. Just use the process of elimination. If this continues, I would certainly have the dog checked by your vet!~

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Evelyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Your dog may love going in the car AND have anxiety about it at the same time. She could even be vomiting from the pure excitment of it. I remember when my little cousin was eight years old, they took him to Disneyland, and the first thing he did when he got through the gates was to puke. He was so excited his little body couldn't take it. Motion sickness is another possibility that people have mentioned already, too. Regardless of the reason for the vomiting, one way to get around it is to start with some very, very short drives in the car. Get in, drive to the end of the block, get out and take a walk. Depending on how calm she is, you can walk her back to the house or drive her back to the house. Do that until the car is pretty boring. Then take a drive a few blocks away, and do that a number of different occasions. If she throws up at any time, go back to just driving to the end of the block. If you really get stuck, just take her into the car, start it, let it run for 60 seconds, then shut it off and go back in the house. The more gradually you help her physically and psychologically get used to car rides, the sooner she should get over her carsickness.

• 1 decade ago

you need to get the dog to a vet. You don't say how the vaumit looks or if his poops, his mood, his appertize are ok...

1)always feed him the same food, from the same brand

2)try feeding him everyday the same time or after something special(eg.his walks)

3)never feed him before his walk (may cause stomach turn-over)

4)try putting in his meal some olive oil, it helps digest.

5)Watch him closer for a week or two and try noticing if there is something he does or eats that leads everytime to throwing up, it could be an allergy.

6)It could be psychological, make sure there is nothing that troubles your dog in anyway(say, another pet? a baby?) and if there is, you have to make him comfortable about it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are a lot of factors that could be affecting this. He's about old enough to develop allergies, so the next question is: does he lick/chew his feet? He could be allergic to the chews, he could have a delicate GI and require special food, he could be allergic to something in his food. He also could be getting into something in the environment that is new or different and causing him to do this. either way, I would have your veterinarian check it out and spend a good chunk of time talking with them about the problem. It could be simple or complex.

Source(s): Veterinary Technician
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My dog does the same thing. It drives me nuts. The best I can tell is its from one of two things. Eating something that he shouldnt outside which would be an enviromental problem and the other is stale dog food at the bottom of the bag or can.

This can also happens if you forget to clean their dog food bowls everyday. I wouldnt worry too much about it, it doesn't sound like a cronic problem.

• 1 decade ago

Take your dog to the vet. It sounds like he may have an early case of Parvo virus. The vet will be able to treat it, if its caught early enough. If it progresses, the dog might get a whole lot worse and die.

• 1 decade ago

Please bring you dog to a good Vet. He or She could have worms or any of a number of things that dogs fall pray to. Bringing your dog to a good vet early in life. It will cost you a lot less later in grif,time and money. After that, don't over feed, give plenty of good food & water, and all lots of excersize and a yearly check up. NO COMBINATION SHOTS! And your pet will live a health life, but you have to check now while it's young!

• 1 decade ago

It could be many things take the dog to a vet to get checked out ASAP!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes!!! it is the chewbones!! my dog did the same thing and i finnally figured out that she threw up after she ate her rawhide. your dog has a sensitive stomach. take away the chewbones for awhile and see if it helps. if it is still bad call your vet and tell them the symptoms!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

have you taken him to the vet at all?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.