What are a few things i should do when i first get my laptop its a inspiron 1501?

Any suggestions make it run better just wondering if i should like install anything offline and should i install games and like itunes after other stuff also i have PC-cillin 2007 when should i install that first thing or wat

Favorite Answer

after insatalling windows anti virus is the priority before insatlling any software.dont forget update the anti virus b4 anything else

It doesnt really matter what u install first... only depends on how u wana use ur notebook computer and what software or applications u wanna use first or most... If u dont wanna use a software at all, better dont install it. Check with Dell before u make any serious software/ hardware changes if it will void ur technical support or warranty or something... Its better u do a BACKUP of all the factory installed settings and softwares (espcially if u did not get CDs with ur notebook) before u go ahead and make any changes on ur laptop....

I would recommend installing the anti-virus before you even connect to the internet. After that I would install a anti-spyware program. Then install all the virus updates, then the windows updates and after that then I would start installing what ever you want.

Definitly study the handbook first, acquire the updates for the computing device;s working equipment. ANd that would desire to be it. And donet acquire video games to it yet, wait some weeks to work out how yoru computing device is like with gaming capapbilities.