Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

reprogram a keyless entry keypad from a 99 yukon to a 02 suburban?

I have a 02 suburban with keyless entry, I have a extra keypad from my old 99 yukon that i want to use with the suburban, how do I reprogram the keypad to work on my suburban?

Favorite Answer

You have to take it to the dealership or a dealership to get certain codes.

take it to the GMC dealership they will program it for you there but there is a cost. The cost won't be as much since you have a keypad already.

i own a shop,check in the owners manual and see if it gives any information on this,,i think it does have a section for this if not it may be a dealer thing good luck with it,,have a good x-mas.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.

?? yaaaaaa