? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What do you think, about someone claims to be drug-free but still has drug addict friends also?

STILL TALKS ABOUT THE DRUGS , HER FRIENDS BUY ..WOULD YOU LEAVE THIS PERSON LIVE IN YOUR HOUSE? ALSO, THIS PERSON DOES STILL TAKES KLONOPIN AND XANAX TOGETHER , WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE ME?

Favorite Answer

I would tell her that you are to worried about what she is doing to herself and you asked her to stop if she is to live with you. Just because her friend still does them doesnt always mean she is doing them as well. If she still continues to do them when she moves in then i would tell her she didnt respect you and kick her to the curb. - - My boyfriend has a drug addiction and it makes the realsonship very hard.

I have a hard time believeing that someone can be drug free and still have friends that do drugs. If this person is drug free at the moment the chance of it lasting is very slim. Take the legal drug cigerattes for instance. It is a social drug like all drugs. If a person is smoke free and is around smokers the urge to smoke is there and can be very overwhelming. With any drug addict it is best for that person to stay away from those kinds of people. Oh I will just hit it, snort it, inject it, injest it just this one time which turns into several more times.

If I was was addicted to drugs and I also needed a place to stay. Knowing that you are against drugs I will lie to you so I can have a nice warm place to live. I will do the drugs behind your back and when you do find out it will be difficult to kick me out. I am hoping to play with your emotions "oh pitful poor me, don't kick me out, I promise I will quit.) And then the cycle begins once again. I may even steel from you to get the drugs that I want to do. (Sounds like a big mess to me. I wouldn't let this person live with me.)

What I would do is suggest to her that she needs to go into treatment so she doesn't go back to the drugs. (assumeing she really is drug free.) I would also suggest that she needs to meet new people because her so called friends will only bring her down. I certainly would not allow her to live with me.

I would not leave her in my home alone (or with her friends). If she is indeed still clean, she is in danger of relapse. You could tell her she needs to dump those friends if she is serious about being clean. Also, she needs to consider if she is substituting Klonopin and Xanax for the drugs she used to take with her friends.

kick them out because they are not drug-free. Xanax & Klonopin's are pretty strong drugs. If your not doing any drugs and don't want it in your house get em out son!

if she's taking those pills -she is no where near drug free and I highly doubt she doesnt smoke anything especially if she still hangs with addicts -that like saying" I'll go into the bar but have a water"

She is still an addict! She needs help!

i would trow her outta my house and tell her if she wants to come back then she hase to be completely drug free and look for better friends!

it is ok.one can have all kind of friends.it is not necessary to adopt thier habbits

ummm