ILY asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

grrrrrrrr.......???

i know i asked this question like 2 days ago... but my period was due on monday and still no period........... i have never been sexualy active... i got my first period in november of 2005.. i am 14.... what is wrong????

Favorite Answer

You're okay. If you're not sexually active, you have nothing worry about at this point.

Your body is still irregular despite the fact that you've had your period for two years. I once read in a health magazine that your body is not completely regulated until at least sixteen years of age...and sometimes even eighteen! I know that seems quite unfair, but our bodies are funny things to deal with sometimes!

If you don't get your period within the next few days and you're still concerned, talk to someone you're comfortable with. If they seem concerned, see your physician. However, I'm sure it won't get that far.

Hope everything goes well for you. =)

Your period just isn't regular; i've had my period for7 years now and i'm still not regular. Sometimes i'll start on my 28th day, sometimes on the 25th day, and sometimes i'll be 2 weeks late. If you've never had sex then you aren't pregnant; but if you keep stressing, then you are going to delay your period even more. You may even have a cycle where you only have a period every 3 months. I have a friend that is 20 years old and she just developed a period that comes every 3 months. So stop worrying, your period will come soon enough : )

Women's bodies are pretty sensitive and there are lots of things that can upset your cycle. Stress is a big factor. If you have been overwhelmed at school, or too busy with the holidays, something like that can delay your period. If you are not sexually active then there is nothig to worry about. I know that it is annoying because you never know when it will show up, just keep what you need with you!

it'll come on soon or later. It's normal to be irregular. I was and alot of other girls were. Stop worrying if u keep stressing out about it then it won't come on for while. There is nothing wrong with you. If your worried go talk to your mom she can prob get u on the pill so that you can have your period on the regular. Talk to her or talk to your DR. Thats what i did. Don't stress. It will be ok

• Urchin

At 14 your period is never regular so no need to worry.

i got my first period January 13 and i had just turned 10 at the time.

it takes a few years for your period to get straightened out.

;)

First of all, don't worry about it, you're young, and if there is no chance of pregnancy its just your body adjusting.

And to hi tahira: If you don't care, don't read the question or answer it. This is exactly the right place for these questions to be asked, and if you don't like it, you should be the one to stay out.

nothings wrong. since your still pretty new to "it" its not on a normal cycle yet. it goes on and off for a while. sometimes it just comes out of no where. give it time...it will come, but be happy you dont have it right now!!

it takes awhile to regulate.. sometimes a couple years before you are regular. maybe stress, lots of thing can effect your period. don't worry girl :) be happy!

stress. Just relax. Your body is going through a lot of change right now. Hang in there, you will regulate. :)