If you took Beatles lyrics (without any music) and read them, would they make for good poetry?

Which songs are your favorite lyrically? I think In My Life is excellent. Almost everything off of Revolver album flows well. And I think one could consider the Abbey Road album to be a lyrical masterpiece.

You must remember that the Beatles early material was not meant to be lyrical works of art. Although some were decent in that sense. They were meant to be solid pop songs. And by the way, a good number of them are quite difficult to master on guitar. They are harder to play than they sound. Alot of difficult chord formations in there.

Favorite Answer

Some would some wouldn't. I don't think anyone would consider "She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah..." literary.

Beatles' lyrics are pretty simple and meaningful.

They use simple words to sing out the feelings of others..

Take 'Yesterday' as an example. It's very interesting.

I should say their songs were 'Short and sweet' :D

• ?

YES!!!!

Especially lyrics by George or John after 1968.

I don't know about their earlier work (I Wanna Hold Your Hand) but certainly Elinore Rigby is poetic. As they matured so did their music.

Yes, Paul's song "Yesterday".

i think all the ones they weree obviously on drugs when they wrote them are very intersting. i like "I Am The Eggman"

some of them would..without repeat refrains....

yea...yesterday and let it be and also while my guitar gently weeps...

no,they didnt even make good songs