What are the essential qualities you look for in a person you are dating?

What are the preferable, but not essential ones? What would really turn you off of a person?

Favorite Answer

What I look for are kindness, honesty, a heart for God, prayerful attitude, communication skills, vision, willingness to forgive, a sense of humor, and an ability to understand my concerns.

These are more than essentials, yet you have every quality.

The preferable, but not essential, ones are kindness, vision and understanding. Understanding comes from a close relationship with the Lord, and is somewhat important. Since I don't understand everything, I don't expect anyone to be perfect. Vision is positive, yet I don't need a savior. I know the Savior already. Kindness shows spiritual maturity and adds excitement to the relationship. However, friendships should be stable most importantly. Fulfillment which may develop between people is a natural outgrowth, not an end, of the relationship.

Forgiveness is important when the relationship is long-term.

Whatever would turn you off would do the same to me. Lack of respect would kill any romantic prospects with me.

Essential Qualities:

Sense of Humor

Intelligence

Kind of outgoing (but not too much)

easy to talk too

Polite

Caring

Hard worker

Good head on shoulders

family oriented

Turn offs:

Mamma's boy

laziness

ignorance

arrogance

Well the first thing is looks. I dont care how many people say it's not about looks it's 80% of what people want. Next is personally, think to youself what kind of words will come out of the persons mouth. lol Another is creativity, doesn't matter what it is, from drawing or music.

Preferable: trust, honesty, friendship, good manners, reliable, fun, down to earth

Turn me off: cheating, lying, being two-faced and vain

• lizzy

I love it when they can make me laugh, we look good together, they do little things that touch your heart and they are honest and forgiving. I can not stand someone who LIES, only thinks about themselves or and this is just a person thing.....someone who eats with their mouth open.

Funky, crazy, wild, beautiful, fun personality.

Honest, trustworthy, patient, funny!!!!

• SHERRI

Honesty is a MUST!!!!!!

integrity! period