can you bring saftey sissors on the airplane?

im going on a cruise but before that i have to go to a airplane and i was planning to bring saftey sissors on a carry on bag ,can i do that?

Favorite Answer

You've received an amazing number of wrong answers to your question. Here is the correct one.

Currently, for flights in the U.S., the TSA does allow plastic or metal scissors with blunt tips AND metal scissors with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches to be carried onto planes.

Here is the current list of permitted and prohibited items from the TSA web site where you can see that they are allowed. Search for scissors on the page to find the references:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/...

So, assuming that your safety scissors fit the above criteria, it is fine to bring them on the plane with you. If you are travelling outside the U.S. by plane, regulations may be different.

Hmm, it shouldnt be a problem after they check them out, but if they are then they can just take them...if youre going on a cruise on a big ship they should have tons of stores with little odds and ends...so it really makes no sense to even try to bring them...you might get delayed

Source(s): Found this on the tsa site: SCISSORS are allowed in checked baggage and carry on! HEY HAVE FUN!

Any potential weapon that can inflict harm is simply put BANNED on an airplane,

so sorry Honey,I am sure those airport officials at the secirity check-point will chuck yr scissors off,mine was a couple of months back!

Happy journey!

Source(s): International travel etiquette ...never carry any sharp object onboard.

Yes, technically they are allowed on the airplane. However, the last time I flew, they took away my nail clipper and you can't really fight over something so small and trivial. It's best just to pack it rather than put it in the carry on.

• ?

You are allowed to take certain types of scissors on the aircraft with you in both your carry on and checked luggage. I would suggest that you visit the TSA website http://www.tsa.gov/ they have the complete list of what you can and can not bring on the aircraft with you in both your checked and carry on luggage.

• gypsy

no, scissors will be taken from you if they are in a carry on bag. if you want to bring them pack them in your luggage. I have had 2 pairs of scissors taken from me in the past year.

I am sure that you can't put it in your carryon bag. Not even a nail file. You have to put it in your big suitcase and check it in. Have fun in your cruise!

Source(s): Newspapers articles.

Not a chance. You have to put them in your luggage and dispatch them. No sharp objects in handbags allowed.

no,they would ask you to leave it or they could give it to you after your flight but what happened to me with singapore airlines, my blade got lost, i don't know where but i'm sure by those in charge of the security so better not put it in your hand carry but in your luggage.i had a really bad experience with that airlines. they promised to give it to me upon arriving at our destination but they never did.

THAT IS GOING TO BE A NO! 9/11 WAS DONE WITH BOX CUTTERS TRUST ME ANY TYPE OF SHARP OBJECT IS A NO NO!