Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What kind of eggs are used in the Le Cordon Bleu recipes?

I have the LE CORDON BLEU COMPLETE COOK HOME COLLECTION book and many of the recipes call for eggs... but they don't specify whether it is to be small, medium, large, extra-large... brown or white, things like that. Does anybody know for sure? Its because most books tell you ahead or state in the recipe, and the size of the eggs can make a lot of difference, especially for me since I don't have much cooking experience. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• rusrus
    Favorite Answer

Generally, unless it's specified, eggs are "large."

I am currently attending a Le Courdon Bleu culinary school. All we use are regular white large eggs. That's for sure!! Good job on cooking from that cookbook. The school is great too. If you ever wanna become a chef, Le Courdon Bleu schools are the best in the world.

• Evelyn

CHICKEN LIVER PATE 3 tbsp. olive oil 4 tbsp. butter 1 med. onion 3 c. minced parsley 1/2 lb. chicken liver 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 c. dry sherry or vermouth Salt & pepper to taste In skillet heat olive oil and 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion and parsley; mix well. Cover and cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, increase heat to maximum and add chicken livers, garlic and wine. Cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook. Puree in food processor or blender to a fairly fine paste. Chill.

large egg will go....and xtra large for the number of people u r cooking it depends

Yep, "large" eggs.