Does he love me or not?

My boyfriend lives out of state and he says he loves me and so on but he will go two days or more without calling me. He knows it makes me upset but I still have to bug him about it. He's moving closer to me next year. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Savor every moment together and help him see the love you have . . . .

• Dr. D

The only right answer here is that you and your boyfriend need better communication skills in your relationship.

Maybe he's just has a quiet type personality. Many guys are this way. He doesn't have a lot to say. He usually doesn't call people up when he has nothing new going on.

Maybe your relationship with him is more on a physical level than anything else. When the physical isn't possible, then there's not much else there.

Maybe he's just insensitive. Many guys are insensitive, its in their genes. I, myself have been accused of having the sensitivity of a water buffalo! You might need someone else - - someone more sensitive.

Maybe there's something more there... a subtle hint of something missing in the relationship. Perhaps its a wake up call. Perhaps not, just your mind running wild with "what ifs".

I'd say to hang tight. I'm thinking he loves you, and it's not that he's ignoring you, but it's probably much easier to put off calling you since you are far away. You know how they say "out of sight out of mind", well I think that may apply a bit here. Two days isn't THAT much of a terrible gap, so I'd say hang in there til he moves closer! Good luck!

• Niko

He might be busy. Just let him be! Two days is not a long span of time. EVEN if you don't live near each other.

You should take a chill pill and relax. If he says he loves you then trust him otherwise it won't work.

well personaly i would say get away from this relationship before it is too late. i say this because you have no control of it. you dont know if he is down there with five girls goin on, or what! my friend is in a similar situation. i wish she would just leave him and find some one who she can trust, and see, and you know just have a real relationship. plus you have to think about the fact that it is just too easy for him to make you think that he loves you . i mean there is no strings attached, because he is down there and you are down here. do it before you fall too deep!

find something to occupy your time and life. Do NOT smother him with demands. Do not have OCD when it comes to him and do not try to control him or you will be history.

always folllow your heart if he doesnt it may not be because he doesnt want to maybe he is busy so some days you can try to call him first!~

yep