Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Whats the maximum charge for "illegal possession of alcohol" in Virginia?

i was driving last night with a few of my friends. the cop pulled me over because i did an illegal lane change. apparently i was in a turn lane and moved out of the turn lane without signaling which makes sence because i was not from that area and me and my friends were a little turned around trying to find a certain IHOP. about an hour before we left i had like a beer and a half. my friends all had a bit more but i knew i was going to be driving so i made sure i did not drink that much. im 18 and the friends i had in the car were 17. i had a breathalizer reading of .021 n they both had about a .06. the cop told me he was going to give me a break n only give me illegal possession of alcohol. plus the ticket for illegal lane change. i know i am very lucky for this happening however does anyone know the maximum charge i will be facing in court? with just the cop giving me illegal possession of alcohol? (givin the actual situation)

Favorite Answer

ask an attorney

The best you can do is ask a lawyer. You know law is different in every state. Probably you have to paid a fine for about $2,000.00 and they will suspend your license for about a year. Like I said it depends, but you really need a lawyer.

Good Luck!! and be careful next time...

Commonly MIP will lead to a loss of right to operate until age 21 for all parties. That means that there is a strong chance that your license will be revoked until your 21st birthday -- for all of you.