promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I need an opaque, white gelatin to put between layers of strawberry jello for a holiday dessert!?

Cooks, please help!

I am making a "parfait"-type dessert for the holidays, and I would like to have red and white layers. Instead of doing individual cups, I was planing on just making it in a rectangular glass dish and cutting it into squares to serve.

The red layers will be strawberry jello, but I don't know what would work for the white layers. I need it to be the same consistancy as the jello, but there are no "white jellos." Please Help!!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

White grape jello, by jello.

I found this for jello:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/flavor-fi...

it is Pina Colada

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kairis
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Opaque Jello

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can make a stiff whipped cream

by whisking in 1.5 tsps of dissolved gelatin in 16oz of heavy cream

whip the cream until you have stiff peaks

whisk in the dissolved gelatin

place in a pastry bag and cover the first layer of jello

allow to set up a bit

place 2nd layer of jello

more whipped cream

finish w/ jello

As I'm writing this I realize that you may have do the whipped cream in two batches because once the gelatin sets up it will become un-pipable.

I would also use a loaf pan or two and then un mold it and serve slices

have fun

• 1 decade ago

Mix a 8 oz bar of cream cheese with whipped cream or a regular tub of cool whip and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. It is usually pretty stable. If you want to be "certain" you could add some unflavored gelatin. Or you could just mix the unflavored gelatin with milk or a white chocolate sauce... I've seen many of a jello salad made with strawberry jello and the cream cheese mix.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Use gelatin. It is colorless, and opaque. You can also flavor it as you like and control the thickness so it layers properly. Its in the baking supplies aisle of your supermarket.

A nice neutral flavor that won't conflict with your strawberry jello is lemon. When measuring the water to cook the gelatin, simply replace a third of it with lemon juice. sweeten to at least a lemonade sweetness, or more if you prefer.

The instructions on the box will tell you how much water/lemon juice you'll need.

• ARTmom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Most would use cool whip but you could also mix cool whip with a non colored jello, or maybe light colored- white grape, watermelon or something? I'm sure there is some flavor-

• 1 decade ago

It's not the same consistency, but generally cool whip is used in parfaits. You will still be able to cut it into squares as long as you keep it chilled.

• Gail
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Cheese Cake <33 Strawberry Ice Cream is good 2 :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

whip some powdered whipped topping mix into some white grape jello.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

asian markets sell coconut jello and it is opaque and white

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.