How would you feel when you do something wrong and someone else is being punished for it?

Favorite Answer

Today? Guilty. As a child maybe guilty and a tiny bit smug. In both cases probably I would feel obliged to do something.

First of all, If I found someone else being punished for something which I had done, I would immediatley resolve the issue by admitting to the guilt for the offense. Too many times today are people in general not holding themselves accountable for their own actions and I see this as just one more area of moral decline in our society today. It's a sad thing.

guilty of course. This has happened to me a lot of times already. Like when I was a kid, I break something and don't tell anyone. Then my mother thinks that my brother did it and my brother is punished by it. Ooohh.. I feel soooo guilty. But at the same time, I'm afraid of being punished so I keep silent.

Perhaps the implication here is that Jesus was punished for the wrongdoing of so many others. But that is a misunderstanding of his death and the reasons therefor. Christ was not being "punished" for the wrongdoing of others inasmuch as God himself says in the Torah that he does not punish the innocent.

There are actually several reasons Jesus of Nazareth voluntarily allowed himself to be put to death, not the least of which is the ransom sacrifice.

How would we feel if we had a debt we could not possibly pay and someone stepped in to pay it for us? We would be grateful, yes?

Hannah

I would never allow it because I couldn't live with it. It would be unjust, cowardly, dishonorable and unethical to allow someone else to suffer punishment for my actions. Moreover, for someone to knowingly inflict punishment on an innocent third party would also be an obscene injustice, and also be dishonorable and unethical. I will never understand how Christians can assert the justice of their deity while insisting his vicimization of the innocent does'nt compromise his goodness. But we see the Christian god destroy the innocent for the sins of others throughout OT scripture.

I would never allow that to happen in the first place. If you do something wrong own up to it. Only a lowlife lets someone else take the fall.

This is an unrealistic question. AND Jesus's Crusifiction (believe it or not) wasn't simply a matter of Jesus getting punished for the transgressions of man. That is a common misenterpretation.

Adder_Astros

Powerful Member of the House of Light.

[]xxxxx[];;;;;;;;;;;;>.

http://www.theeaddernet.com

Convicted and in turmoil if I knew someone else was paying the price for my wrongdoing.

• sad, guilty, and ashamed. But I am thankful to Jesus for taking my punishment.

My Conscience would of course disturb me. So much so that I will have to apologize to the person who took the blame and suffer the consequences of my own actions.