how do you like businesses high pressureing you to give out your soc #?

when they say they will refuse to help with any services when it clearly states on a govt issued card not to be used for identification purposes even thought something is not tax related

Favorite Answer

About the only time you need to give this out is if you are establishing credit...buying a car or house; getting a credit card (and never over the phone) or at your doctor's office establishing your initial file.

Tell the others where to go.

I was especially told that you never give your social security # out if it was someone who called you. That is a big no-no. I try very hard not to give it out, but there are some things that you have to use it for, such as applying for credit cards and any type of loan.

I don't give it out because it's not there concern. Only people who should know are your employers and if you get a mortage.

Never, never, never, give em your number. Also, tell them that you are going to report their query.