Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Whenever I log in into my computer it automatically logs off. What should I do?
I am using Windows XP
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
i think it is affected with virus, do one thing before you see windows loading press f8 key keep on or go to safe mode, check now
2) install a good antivirus software, complete scan will do.
this is a virus problem dead sure
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. Boot using your winxp cd.
2. Enter recovery console.
3. at the command prompt go to
4. next type:
copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe
5. exit and reboot normally. You should now be able to logon. But you're not done yet!
6. run regedit
7. find the Userinit key in:
8. modify the entry:
so that it reads:
- 1 decade ago
boot in safe mode
run virus detection software
make a new user account and see if it does the same thing
how are you on the net now?