Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

How do you remove paint from the stove top. My tea pot's paint was melted on to it and now the paint is stuck.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Corina
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Razor blade

• Evelyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It really depends on what you want to accomplish in the end. If you are going to hang new paper, then yes, you will most likely have to do some steaming. I would suggest deglossing the current paint so that you can open up the surface (pores) so the paint can accept the steam and I only know of 2 ways to that: 1-Use Lacquer retarder. It's very volatile but it will work. Read the directions carefully and wear heavy duty gloves. 2-Use a liquid sand paper, much less volatile but still no walk in the park. Fairly safe though. Both these products will cut the sheen on the paint. Without that step, unless the paper is already peeling, you are pretty much out of luck. If you want to just repaint or texture and the seams in the paper are glued down tight enough, you can simply use a high adhesion primer and go over the top of it with joint compound and create the texture you want, then prime again and paint it. We have done it many times in our business but only when there's tight adhesion on the existing paper.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You may try using a flat razor to scape it off or use a paint thinner to remove it.

• 1 decade ago

Make sure to wet the surface first before you use the blade so you don"t scratch the stove.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chisel and hammer works every time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.