What to do when alone for Christmas?

Favorite Answer

Watch a movie, have some dinner, go to sleep. Don't make a big deal out of being alone. Just think of it as another common, ordinary night.

There are a lot of people in the same situation for various reasons. You might still be able to help serving Christmas meal at the Salvation Army or Food Kitchen, something like that. You would be helping out and feeling much better about yourself and being alone. Best of luck.

If you are alone for Christmas...make yourself a nice dinner (it doesn't have to be huge) then rent a movie or go see a movie.

You could always pamper yourself on Christmas too. Paint your nails, don't forget your toes, apply a facial mask...etc. Light some candles, put on some holiday music, sip wine...on those days you want to be alone anyway...make it a nice day for yourself.

Merry Christmas!! May you be blessed, full of joy and peace!

You need to quickly find others like yourself who are also alone for whatever reason this Christmas and plan a nice Christmas dinner together etc.

(If you ABSOLUTELY can't find anybody else, then I would take the "volunteer" suggestions and go out and help make someone else's Christmas better. I definitely would NOT sit in front of the TV all day alone no matter what anyone else says.......)

Donate your time to a local orginization, soup kitchen, salvation Army, handing out blankets. They could always use a giving heart. You will realize how joyful this should make you helping other. That is the real meaning of Christmas. Giving of yourself for orthers..

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

I'm sure there is a local food bank serving christmas meals and they could always use an extra hand. You won't be alone and think how good you will feel seeing those people have a wonderful holiday!!

Prepare yourself for Christmas Day. Rent videos you would really like to see. Have a good book ready to open and read. Get goodies for a nice hot soak in the bathtub. If you enjoy wine, a bit of that would nice. Have food either ready to be eaten, or if you enjoy cooking, fix yourself something to eat that day. If you try, you can have small activities ready to keep you occupied. Another really nice thing to do, is to volunteer at a local hospital or soup kitchen.

Save all your presents and open them on Christmas morning as you always would. Fix yourself a special breakfast. Pamper yourself and do things to make yourself feel good. I've had several Christmases when I've been alone and they have been bearable because of treating myself. Focus on the positive and all your friends and family. They're out there and love you.

I have chips, dips, and fairly late at night, spiked eggnog on x-mas eve watch tv and/or movies then on x-mas day I enjoy a nice thick, juicy t-bone steak, and baked potato and watch x-mas specials maybe

Volunteer at a soup kitchen . . . Salvation Army?