Does the name Lucien sound too close to Lucifer, or do you like it?

for a boy

Favorite Answer

I like the name Lucien. If I saw it it wouldn't remind me of Lucifer at all. Are you expecting a baby boy? If you are Lucien is a great name!

Lucien is a cute name and I know a little boy named Lucian and the name just fits him. Yes it sounds too close to lucifer but i still love it.

Lucien is French for Luke and it comes from Latin Lux which means light!

So, it is more than probable that Lucifer being known as the highest angel is related too to the light.

However, it is very strange because never ever I related Lucien to Lucifer and in fact the oldest son of my niece is called so!

Lulu as a nickname! Nothing satanic to that, admit it!

Son of Serge Gainsbourg (French singer from Russian origin) was called so too.

And before one of his song , he said quite loud:" Pour le petit Lulu!"

I don't think that Lucifer should have to disqualify all other Luc- names from use. Lucien, Lucian, Lucius, Lucine... whatever. The point is that it's NOT Lucifer. I have a soft spot for all -ien/-ian names, and this is no exception.

• mama3

I know a Lucien. It's french and no, it doesn't sound to close to Lucifer. I like that name and it's so unique and something different that you don't hear everyday.

Its a wonderful name. I think the name Lucifer really means "morning star." Unfortunately, the name has been demonized. Lucien is a great baby name.

Too close to Lucifer. The child will be teased. Go with something else.

I think it sounds like Lucifer and that is what it reminded me of.

Lucien is a great name. I wish I had a killer name like that.

For people who doesnt know. It sounds like Lucifer. But check this out: http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Lucien

and then, you'll find out.