Jehovah's witnesses scare ME do they scare you?
I fear they have orgy parties or sacrifice goats?
I NEVER ANSWER THE DOOR WHEN THEY COME!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I have huge sign on my door that says no sales people, and no Jehovah's witnesses..period
Nobody has knocked on my door since spring ha ha ha ha ha I love it
- 1 decade ago
OMG, I have to laugh at these ignorant people. And you wonder why the world is so messed up. How can you be afraid of people who come to your door with a bible in hand? The crazy thing is if any of those ignorant people were laying on the side walk badly beaten and a Jehovah's Witness walked by, I guarantee they would stop by and help while everyone else just walked over you. I have left my purse open many times around a group of baptized Jehovah's Witnesses and nothing has been taken. Jehovah's Witnesses have merged together as an organization and have not only fixed fellow members houses, but also those not affiliated with the religion following Hurricane Katrina. What you guys need to be afraid of is your neighbor who may be a serial killer. Come on people let's be serious when you don't answer the door or pretend your not home this is what a Jehovah's Witness does:
12 When YOU are entering into the house, greet the household; 13 and if the house is deserving, let the peace YOU wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from YOU return upon YOU. 14 Wherever anyone does not take YOU in or listen to YOUR words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off YOUR feet. Matthew 10:12-14
For the ignorant this simply implies that shaking the dust off one’s feet indicated a disclaiming of responsibility or accountability for the consequences that a householder would suffer because of lack of interest in God’s message. It implied that Jesus’ followers were peacefully departing and leaving that house or city to the consequences that would eventually come from God.
Hahahahahahahahahahahah, so who are you hurting surely not a Jehovah's Witness.
- 1 decade ago
Jehovah's Witnesses don't sacrifice goats or have orgy parties. That's kinda weird to me.
I'm not scared of Witnesses. I fear for those that fear Witnesses, though.
- XLv 71 decade ago
The asker's comments, and the majority of comments they've received show that people are (a) truly stupid, (b) as ignorant as they come, and (c) see a again.
There's nothing to be scared of, unless you're just a overly scared person by nature. They go from door to door, as Jesus Christ instructed, to show from the Bible the good news of what God's kingdom will soon bring. They don't force anything on anyone, and if you're not interested, they respect that and move on.
Oooh, that's just scary, isn't it? Give me a break....
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
No. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and can't see why having someone want to politely and truthfully discuss the Bible intelligently would be scary.
PS in regard to Vader200 if I saw said outline I would pee myself before roglol. I love that joke. See we do have a sense of humor.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I can only imagine what you would have said about the Apostle Paul and Christians coming to your door some 1900 years ago.
- 1 decade ago
About the orgy part... that wouldn't be necessary a bad thing LOL :D :)))) but sacrificing goats...?!?!?? what's that for!???!?? this is for sure some pagan ****. I don't fear then, i actually get along very fine with a bunch of them cause they live in my block, they tried convincing me to join their party, but pitty... i wasn't up to it.
- 1 decade ago
what are you scare of? we are human just like you are. we have feelings also. if you where in trouble, everyone else would walk right by, but a Jehovah Witness would always always help you. one day you will be having trouble and I bet the only one who would help you is a Jehovah Witness. we are a family worldwide in 235 lands. what are you afraid of. would you turn Jesus away if he came to your door? we do what Jesus commanded us to do at Matthew 28 verse 19 and 20. you don't have to be nasty or rude. buzz the one above me is a very nasty person and knows nothing about us. he is saying nasty things. if you want to learn more about Jehovah Witnesses see our website at www.watchtower.org. Jesus Christ taught us to treat our neighbor as ourself, and that is how we all are. since the world is our neighbor we treat them as family
- achtung_heissLv 71 decade ago
Jehovah's Witnesses are *NOT* scary.
They are Christian (of course), but they are unique for their rejection of paganisms, use of God's personal name, and global preaching by every active adherent. No other religious organization can claim such purity of worship.
These facts about Jehovah's Witnesses are perhaps relevant to this question. The more one compares this Christian religion with others, the more remarkable it is shown to be.
1. Jehovah's Witnesses have no paid clergy. Yet they remain tightly organized with more than 6.5 million active Jehovah's Witness preachers (about 16 million associate themselves with the religion). Even fulltime preachers and workers at their branch offices are unpaid volunteers.
2. There is no elite class among Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the few 'anointed' among them enjoy no special privileges in their congregations on earth. An anointed person (one of those relative few with a heavenly hope) is not elevated above his fellow congregants in any way, and he may not even qualify for appointment as a simple 'deacon' or elder. There are no titles; EVERYONE is addressed as 'brother' or 'sister'.
3. No person benefits economically from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the 8 to 20 men who serve on their Governing Body receive simply room, board, medical care, and reimbursement for certain personal expenses according to the exact same provision as every other branch volunteer.
4. About a hundred men have served on Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body committee during the past 125 years or so. The vast majority of them have spent the vast majority of their adult lives volunteering for their organization's purposes, and the vast majority have died faithfully and near-pennilessly while still under their legal 'vow of poverty'.
5. Amazingly, Jehovah's Witnesses did not splinter as a sect from some other religion. Instead, a truly tiny but sincere group of bible students studied only the Scriptures to determine the will of God. Thus their religion remains absolutely independent of and not carrying the sins of Christendom's history, yet carries the authority of Christ's teachings.
6. Despite the distortions of anti-Witnesses, throughout their modern history Jehovah's Witnesses have refused to claim divine inspiration or infallibility for their teachings. They have pointed to the bible (and not any particular translation) as the only inspired infallible means of knowing God's thoughts. For over 125 years, their teachings have been presented as merely the results of sincere bible research by imperfect but godly humans.
- 1 decade ago
Fear, comes from lack of knowledge. Those with knowledge, are not afraid, even of those who do not share their beliefs. Only the uninformed are fearful, or sarchastic towards others.
- Stewart HLv 41 decade ago
The trick is to scare them.
Go to http://www.bonafideScientology.org/ and print out a bunch of stuff on scientology. Keep it near your front door.
When they come around answer the door and say "Hello, I am so glad that you have called. I would like to introduce you to the only true religion that the world has know and start to lead you down the path of truth and enlightenment. Please accept this brochure as my free gift to you. Now, if you could just give me your credit card details we can get started."