Golden asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

POINT GAINERS: what's the point of it?

What's the point of gaining points? what do u get 4 it? nothing. Here's just a place where u HELP people, and ur HELPED. Not just 2 gain points.

What's ur opinion 4 doing this?.

Favorite Answer

I think it's the only way they can get ego strokes.

When you see someone with over 30% in Best Answers they are cheating.

What they do is make up other names, ask questions, answer them as their primary name, then vote themselves as Best Answer.

It's the same with the spammers. They make up fake names to ask "How can I make money online, or if I'm only 13 or something along those lines", then they answer it with their spam.

I wish Yahoo would start making their employees do a little more than sit around and suck coffee and gossip. Must be a nice job.

I would like to answer as many questions as you want, not a set amount bc I only gained a certain amount of points. I dont understand how am I supposed to gain points if I can only answer so many questions. Like I saw in a previous question, someone just got bored and decided to make a game like message board. Its dumb, but then agian no one would have a reason to come on here if it wasnt a game.

Hope I helped! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Source(s): (:

I often wonder the same thing. What is the point of answering a question with "I don't know but thanks for the 2 pts."? It's not like you win a prize for having the most points.

You do not get anything when you get points all you do is give advice to people who need answers and help with something or someone, and also you be on levels too.

points are just given to create an enthusium of keep answering as many in a day question,you indentify with

for you to come back the next day

like you pour another question only if you get answers to, know,,,,

They act like they are going to win a prize or something, haha! Yahoo! Answers can be very helpful sometimes though.

• ...

I'm actually trying to get points to win a bet right now. I need to win too or it's total humiliation for me. LOL

For me, it beats endless games of solitaire, but it's just like "Whose Line Is It, Anyway?"

Everything is made up and the points don't matter

It means you have the multiple accounts, and you always pick the answers only from the your multiple accounts. It is more like cheating !!!