Is Ricardo better than Buffon in goalkeeping?

@Speed Demon

They are almost the same height!

Ricardo is 188 cm

Buffon is 190 cm

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/player/18219...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/player/15930...

• Favorite Answer

He is a very good keeper, but he lacks height.

if he had the height that buffon has, i am sure that he would have been the best.

and also he is good at penalties.

my God, but he looks short!!! and buffon looks tall! how is that possible...

somethings wrong with me today...

As Mrs Materazzi said Ricardo is quite good when it comes to the penalties. On all other terms Buffon is much much better.

Source(s): Just my opinion

I love Portugal and I say that Buffon was just lucky not to conceed many goals. They're pretty much equal but i'd still put Ricardo as number 1

Ricardo on the same level as Buffon ! NO WAY ... Buffon is far better than that lucky portugese man ... there is no comparison between them whatsoever man ... Shay Given is better that Buffon in my opinion ... he makes world class saves every time he's in goal

Buffon is a better keeper all-around, but Ricardo is admittably better than Buffon in penalty shootouts.

No one is a better goalkeeper than Buffon. He is the best around. NUMBER 1 in the WORLD!! Forza Italia!! Forza Juve!! Buffon has style, grace & skill between the stix. And he looks damn good while he is doing his job.

Buffon is better overall but at penalties Ricardo may be better!

Ricardo is better @ penalties but all in all i think Buffon is a beter GK

Buffon is better overall rating, but there are somethings about Ricardo that makes him better such as penalties.

Absolutely not. Outside of the shoot-out in the World Cup Finals, Buffon only let in 2 goals the whole tournament (one of which was an own goal).