CJP asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to dispose of an old air rifle?

I have an old air rifle (BB gun) that I would feel UNcomfortable putting it in the regular trash.... I doesn't work well, but it still is capable of causing damage if someone took it....

How do I get rid of it safely?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

call the police dept. they have experience in getting rid of unwanted guns

• 1 decade ago

When my BB guns break, I simply put them on something and stomp and bend them into a U shape. Then, throw it in the trash. It's not an AK47, it's a BB gun. Breaking it and dump it. People who are saying " Take it to the Police so they can properly dispose of it are delusional. It's a BB gun for God sake.

• 1 decade ago

T he best way to get rid of the air rifle is to bend the barrel and break the stock.

• 1 decade ago

It's just a BB gun, smash it if you're worried about it falling into the wrong hands.It doesn't take much to destroy a bb gun, just bend the barrel or destroy the pump, either way it's useless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

make sure its unloaded and smash the crap out of it against a tree or some concrete. or drill some big holes through the mechanism, then put it in the trash.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Catapult.

• 1 decade ago

You could take it to a local law enforcement agency or donate it to a youth firearm education program in your area.

• 1 decade ago

Dismantle it, Burn any wood parts and use a Hacksaw to cut up the barrel.

• John K
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

TELL ME WHAT IT IS

I RESTORE OLD AIR GUNS

MAY JUST WANT TO TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS IF SHIPPING IS NOT TOO CRAZY

• DJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Drop it off at you local gun shop.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.