ashelyr asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I am only 5'7" tall and weigh 140lbs...my maximum bench press is 55lbs..recently i met a girl as strong as me

do you think it is possible that an extremely strong woman or girl, could be stronger than i am?

Favorite Answer

Um 55lbs? My 4 year old is stronger than you!

Of course it is possible, especially when your maximum bench press is ONLY 55 pounds. Lol - I can bench press more than that. I am 5'7" and also weigh 140 pounds (but I am a woman and in very good physical shape).

You may want to ask your doctor to recommend a good nutritious shake from GNC. You are way too thin (for a man) but hey, that's just my two cents!

Sure. While males have more of the right hormones to develop muscle quickly and easily, it is certainly possible for females to become very strong if they really work at it. Besides, you don't sound very strong, I think there are probably plenty of girls out there stronger than you are.

You should be able to bench press 1/2 your weight.

Hi I dont mean to be ugly but benchpressing 55 lbs isnt the much! How old are you? Its great that you are trying to be good at something but bench 200 then holler at us!

My daughter is 5'1 105 pounds and can out arm wrestle guys that weigh well over 150 #

a normal bar weighs 45 pounds so you lifting 55 is not that good you should be able to lift your body weight atleast

• Conrey

Yes, we're getting stronger and healthier and smarter all the time.

If she's the same height as you or shorter then, you got a strong woman!!

Start working out more.