Why is the wedding band put on the left finger?

Does anyone know why the wedding band (ring) is put on the fourth finger of the left hand? Is it true that there is a connection between it and the heart?

Kole

Favorite Answer

well it's said that finger has a vein that goes straight to the heart. someone told me that once.

It's been said that the left ring finger has a vein that connects all the way to the heart. This is why the left ring finger is "the wedding finger". Sort of like wearing your rings close to your heart, or keeping the one you love close to you all the time.

Ancient Egyptians and Romans believed that the ring finger of the left hand follows the"vena amoris" or vein of love, which is directly connected, to the heart.

Therefore, many wedding rings were worn on the left ring finger, as it was believed to link a couples’ destiny. Even though Science discredits this theory – many romantics at heart still follow this practice today.

I researched this a long time ago for a small class project. Yes, there is a connection between it and the heart. Supposedly, it's the most direct path to the heart (of the fingers). Hope this helps!

I don't know. But in some countries in Europe, the wedding ring goes on the right hand.

Yes, there is a vein from that finger that runs directly to the heart.

It's so you won't leave a mark on her once your married for a few year's.Yes it's the side your heart's located,course my wife say i have no heart.

That is the hand that is closest to your heart.

i also have heard about the vein thing