poetry.com?

I have written several poems on your site, i have recieved 4 editors choice awards, i would like to know if i was ever concidered for an award? And do you feel i will be able to write a book of poems? Thank-You for your time.

Favorite Answer

Ok, you are not talking to the creators of poetry.com here. However, as a published poet who has dealt with poetry.com, I can tell you that being published there, even with awards, does not count toward publication. They will publish ANYONE. Their job is to sell their products to you. Occasionally they will collect some money by having one of your poems published elsewhere. If you read the fine details of their disclosure, they don't have to pay you for that.

Now if you want credits that count, pick up Poet's Market and start submitting to magazines. Pull your poems off poetry.com. Once you start getting paid for your poems, you can list all those credits in your resume. When you start getting published in the New Yorker or Atlantic Monthly, publishers might consider a collection of your poems for publication.

Source(s): 7 books published and several poems.

This is such a big rip off. Every single poem I have sent them has been won for an editors award. For each one I was also nominated for Poet of the year. Along with other 'awards' these are just to try to get you to buy the book your poem is being published in.