Tattoo design help?

I'm looking to get something tattooed on my wrist. I would like it to say something and so far all i have come up with is true love. I will take any suggestions and if the words are in another language besides english can I please have the translation also. I want the phrase to meaningful.

I'm only asking this question as a way to start collecting ideas. I will not be getting this tattoo for a while but I would just like to be aware of all of my options and have multiple ideas.....

Favorite Answer

well if this helps, the wrist leads directly up to the heart and so it could be something really meaningful to you...whatever you have a passion for or love dearly....best of luck...getting mine in 3 weeks. i designed it myself, took me quite awhile to figure out what i wanted....didn't actually know until I had my daughter and the idea came from her....best of luck and happy inking! Do ALOT of homework on your tattoo artist and remember that cheap does not mean good....if you want a good one, it's going to cost....

Dont take this as bitchy but DO NOT get a tattoo unless you are positive on the design you want and it should be something that comes from yourself and not off the wall! I have tat's and I regret two of them because I could have done something better, not to mention do your research at all different shops before you get a tattoo... Look at their portolio and find out how much experience they have! i have permanent scarring from a tattoo that I received at a shop that was highly recommended. Every artists capabilities differ and this will be with you for life! Id recommend finding a tat or design youve compiled yourself and wait a few months and see if you still like it! Yes I know everyone says this... but it is the best advise you could take!

I'm not perfact

world peace

dont jugde me

smile

dont look back

dont look back angrey

sorry

all i want for christsmas is you

the flag of your contry

the date of the happy's day for your life or sadderst

prinicess

it was never meant to be

life is a question but no one ones the answear

life is a questin that no one nos the answear to

you no how i feel about you

i didnt mean it

dont look at me like that

be your self

dont copy me

be a indevidual

i think there are better places to get on your hand tattoo DO fade in colour and dont look as smart and think whats it going to look like wehn your older....

I agree with the first answer; only get a tattoo in such a visible place if you're POSITIVE you want it. Having a tattoo on your hands/wrists makes it virtually impossible to get most kinds of jobs especially in office type situations. Hell, I know that Universal Studios won't hire you if you've got any visible tattoos and don't allow them to be covered up.

NOW, if you decide to go along with this, might I suggest getting a tribal designed heart either on it's own or to go along with your "true love"? Frankly this isn't the place to be asking this kind of thing. A tattoo is something that's going to be on you forever and should be well thought out and something that has significance to you. I for example plan on getting my first child's footprint tattooed on me.

I've always liked the word smile! The spanish version is sonries! though there is an accent over the i, and Lacheln is in German. I went to Germany last summer and had that tattooed in my lower back (the German version)! I still love it!

i thought a while about getting Love on one wrist and Serve on the other because that is what jesus did while he was on earth. he loved people and he served them and he had a huge impact. not sure if i will ever get it tho. wrists are a big step to take.

"Just breathe"

Lindsay Lohan has it, but don't let that turn you off the idea. It's actually not bad. Whenever you stress it can be a reminder.

how about Japanese Kanji. I have a design on my back created by this woman. She incredibly talented and will work with you at a reasonable price.

http://www.takase.com/

you could get a heart with a white ribbon going around it that says one love

Whatever you do don't put the name of a boyfriend