I'm having a b-day party for husband and 2 sons. What is a good main dish to serve?

It has to be something I can make the day before, enough for 75-100 people, and easy on the budget! Time is running out and I don't know what to make. Please give me ideas.

Favorite Answer

buy tamales!!!!!!!!

I would think about maybe a really nice turkey chili, you can add a lot of beans to stretch the meat, and it can be made ahead, you could even do many smaller batches if you don't have a big pan to make it in, and if you don't have any large storage containers, store in the fridge in those really big Hefty slider closing bags, put the baggie inside a container to make it easier to fill. At the party to top the chili, you can chop onions, have shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream... serve a nice salad, cornbreads, nachos with salsa...

sweet breads are very cheep

neck bones are very cheap

give every one a big bowl of cereal

pasta cost about 3 cents an oz

So pasta 100 people 6 oz each that is 600oz divied by 16 = 37.5 lb of pasta so make 38 pounds

200 meatballs

3 oz of sauce time 100 = 300 divided by 128 =2.3 gallons so make 3 gallons

done................................. have a nice day and enjoy the party

TACOS! You can have hard and soft shells. Cook the beef and chicken the day before and refridgerate it over night. Cut up lettuce and tomato, get a big bag of cheese, and sour cream. Also get nacho chips make con queso dip in the crock pot or just use salsa. Good luck!

Wow, maybe you should think about having it Catered. All courses are taken care of and no clean up. Some places will just do the food without having to pay for service. I don't know where you live, but grocery stores have great packages. Bonus, no stress.

wow thats a huge celebration for a 2 year previous. Youare going to have your palms very finished. Make it elementary. Pizza is far less intense priced. via the time you upload all the extras for stuff to pass with hotdogs and burgers (mustard, mayo, buns, chips, etc.) you may locate it greater much less high priced just to call Pizza Hut and arrragne for delivery, 35 people for a 2 year olds Bday celebration, i does not.

Mostaccioli

Salad

Garlic bread

Maybe add some Chicken Fingers or sandwich tray

ok make cold pasta

get the tri-coloured spiral ones...i think they call it fusili or something

boil and cool

cut tomatoes and all the 3 colours of capsicums into strips and grill them

toss all the ingredients with salt, pepper and olive oil.

keep all in the fridge until u wanna serve

it's eatzy! good luck and hava wonderful party!

You can bake some lasagne and put it in fridge to bake the next day. Then, you can buy garlic bread and buy some salad bags. That would be a good and tasty meal.

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, with the crusts cut off.

Maybe 10 gallons of milk...

Whoah! that's a lot of people to feed!

I'd do sloppy joes, lasagna, spaghetti, cheeseburgers, or just do all finger foods. Or chili dogs.