Is it not going to be an option of whether or not you join or dont join the army in the USA?

is there any way to refuse to the draft...?

Favorite Answer

What draft are you talking about? There is no draft at this time.

In fact, the only way there can possibly be a draft would be if the DEMOCRATS who will take charge of the next Congress should pass the law reinstating it. You see, the President cannont start the draft, only CONGRESS can do that!

Only a few politicians are suggesting that there should be a draft. However, I don't believe the public will allow the draft to be reinstated. Nor do I believe that military commanders would want the draft to be reinstated. They would rather have someone who wants to be in the military over someone who does not wish to be in the military.

Another reason is no one would want to see a repeat of the 1960's with able bodied men dodging the draft.

If you don't want to be in the military then don't go. However, with that said don't complain when you lose your rights because you do not wish to do your part to protect the freedoms you enjoy today.

The military is probably sweetening the pot a little on voluntary recruitments, offering increased wages, and even housing incentives. The recruiting center in Times Square says they routinely have about 200 walk-ins a year alone. As long as enough people volunteer, hopefully the draft will be put on the back burner.

Most military personnel are vehemently against reinstating the Draft. One of the reasons our current force is so successful is because they are serving VOLUNTARILY. But there were many, many draftees during other wars that served involuntarily yet served with honor and courage.

For factual information, go to: http://www.sss.gov/ . They have a special information section and group for "concientious objectors".

Is your sole reason for asking just that you don't agree with the war in Iraq? How about the war in the 'Ghan against al Quaeda?

If you don't want to serve, I suppose you shouldn't. I doubt my Marines would want you covering their sixes under heavy fire if you don't want to be there. You wouldn't be reliable.

I have to ask though - is there anything for which you'd die to protect? Anything at all? If you aren't willing to defend what you have been blessed with, for any reason, ever...you don't deserve to have freedom.

Source(s): The official website for the Selective Service: http://www.sss.gov/

According to our constitution, the only time congress can reinstate the draft is durring a war. However, with all the freaking liberals changing the constitution, who knows. If the liberals and dems get their way we will be living in a communist state very soon.

Join the Army anyways. I'm not saying you don't have any disipline, but I know a lot of people that need some. Besides that, I am having some of the best times of my life right now. It also feels good to know that if the s**t hits the fan, little Julia will be crying her *** off for us to save her. SCOUTS OUT!!!!

yea... back during the Vietnam war people refused the draft... they were called hippies... more concerned with counter-culture and raging against the government for crazy idealist freedoms they wanted rather than fighting for the freedoms they already have.

It was; but now that you people have voted the Democrats in, there pushing for the draft

--

And people like Julia there ^^^, need to get out of the country now becuase only AMERICANS belong in America.

♥ there is not going to be a draft i saw it on the news so far they are not calling for a draft♥

If they reinstate the draft it won't be. And if they do there should be no deferments for the children of the rich and powerful.