theft deturant ignition 03 Z71 problems.?

Engine will not crank. Theft lock is displayed in corner of dash. Dash lights do come on when ignition is on. Put new battery. Ive tried the reset procedure for the theft ignition but that didn't work. This is driving me crazy. A wiring diagram or a way to diable this feature would help. Thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I havent worked on any theft detrerrent systems to date since they are almost always dealer supported features but I would wonder if there is something wrong with the halo on your ignition switch. Modern cars have a sensor around the ignition switch that senses that a authentic key is being used to start the vehicle. The keys themselves have a computer chip in them that gets scanned as you insert the key. If either the key or the sensing halo are defective the engine will not start.

I have seen this happen a couple of times after someone gets new keys cut for their car. The person cutting the key will not recognize the orginal key is a chipped key and will cut a regualr key using the original key as the template. Of course the new key will turn the igition switch but the sensor does not detect the chip and will disable the ignition through the ECM. These type keys almost always have to come from, and be programmed by the dealer.

Hopes this helps.

• 3 years ago

loosen up there katy, it sounds like you've a difficulty, besides the indisputable fact that it they worked on it and it replaced into more beneficial, then it had a difficulty a minimum of you recognize that's going to run good, they basically have somewhat extra artwork to parent out. Take it decrease back to the shop who worked on the plugs and tell them they did not fix the precedence and also you'll apriciate it in the experience that they'd fix it good this time. carry close in there, each from time to time issues are intermittent which makes them difficult to parent out. supply the mechanic time to make certain what befell. good success.also do not ignore that the gasoline pump is interior the gas tank, that is designed to be cooled with the help of the gasoline surrounding it. in case you go away your tank usually empty, that is a fine looking theory to save the tank extra finished than empty, cutting-edge gasoline injection use a severe pressure pump and it provides off a lot of warm temperature, with the help of holding the tank extra finished than empty it may help save the pump cooler, and that's going to very last plenty longer. severe warmth may reason a gasoline pump to fail early. I have an finished length suburban, I save the tank usually finished at residing house round city with the help of filling up at the same time as it receives on the point of 0.5 a tank. and some gasoline is a lot extra dirty and contaminated than different gasoline. i exploit chevron large unleaded with techron. that is a gasoline equipment additive that facilitates save the finished injection equipment sparkling as you force. that is a lot less difficult to save the gasoline equipment sparkling from the start, than to attempt to sparkling out a grimy plugged up injection equipment. low-cost crappy gasoline can develop difficult deposits by way of contaminates interior the gasoline (filters take out bits of dirt and mud) yet water and what ever else makes it in low-cost gasoline can develop difficult deposits and with the help of the years can plug up tiny orifices in gasoline injection jets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.