Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is a black President possible?

Was she referring to herself, Obama or Sharpton?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/22/rice.interv...

Favorite Answer

Yes it's possible. But likely? No.

I would vote for Condi or Colin Powell in a heartbeat.

God I hope so. although maybe not sharpton, and definately not rice, i would absolutely love to see barack obama, colin powell, or even oprah would make a great president. imagine how much help the rest of the world would receive from us if oprah was president. i think sharpton is a little too much fire and brimstone to gain any votes from whites. unfornately, rice probably has a good shot because she is basically an old white man wearing a young black woman suit. she will do nothing to better the black or women population. we need obama, young and charasmatic. sounds kinda like bill clinton, which was amazing.

It is possible but not in the next election, obama would have a tough time getting votes in the south, the best hopes of a black president was Collin Powell, he has the military experience, credibility, (well he had the credibility until the administration hung him out to dry with the now infamous UN speech; that speech ruined any chance of the first african american to become president in the near future...

Colen Powell maybe. The ladies no. Sharpton wouldn't have a chance.Obama because he is Muslim and they are not well liked in the states right now.

(any ones better than Hilliary Clinton)

Yes, and probably herself.

We would rue the day Al Sharpton became President.

Yes, I would vote for a black president if he was a good leader. Like Obama!

Certainly it is possible, and it is also inevitable, at some point. But I doubt that it will happen in the immediate future. There is still too much racial animosity right under the surface for it to happen yet.

I would like to think that in our country that we could have a black president, but it seems to me that old white christian men run the country. I hope to see a black president or a female president some time in the future.

She's already stated that she won't run. And Sharpton has no chance, so I'd say that she had Obama in mind. Even though she's a conservative, she's an Af-Am first.

• Mikira

Yes - And I don't look at a persons color, but his or hers political policies. And decide if those policies would help or hurt the US as a whole.