Did they change the recipe for Cap'n Crunch?

It used to be crunchier, and would coat your mouth with this weird greasy residue. Now the residue is gone but the cereal seems a lot less crunchy, on par with Corn Pops.

EDIT: I guess I should really be calling Quaker's customer service line about this, huh.

To fozbend11, you're not kidding. They recently changed the Froot Loops recipe to have a bunch less sugar and more chemical sweeteners, but it tasted like crap and because of public backlash they brought back the original recipe. Right now both kinds are available at my local Safeway. Remember New Coke? Hehe.

• LisaT
    Favorite Answer

That's very interesting...I never realized it until you said that.

Now THAT's the most under-reported story of 2006!

I haven't seen Captain Crunch cereal lately!

I know it is a Quacker product so is Corn Pops. If I see Captain Crunch I'll get it to see

if it's changed since I last had it about 3 years ago!

Are you serious? That Sucks! I haven't had it in about, oh, 5 years and at that time it still had the coating effect. Maybe it was an off batch?

Do they have to "change" and "improve" everything nowadays?

ya i noticed that too.leave it them to change something good. everytime i find something i like to eat in the store they either discontinue it or change the taste.