Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

O.K so I need some help?

My family wants 2 dogs. We are defintely getting a pug do you think we should get another pug or a Yorkie. I personaly like a pug and a yorkie. But if we get a pug and a yorkie do we get them at the same time do we get them some monthes apart.My mom thinks yorkies are ugly do you? O.K i overloaded you with questions so could you please try to answer them as best as you can!

Thankyou

Favorite Answer

I would like to start with the Yorkie ~ GREAT DOG, however NOT A FAMILY DOG especially if you have young children. Yorkies are very cute and loving BUT are very much a one owner dog, they become very protective of that one owner and can be very temperamental with anyone else.

If you get a yorkie and a pug or 2 pugs either way you will want to get them together (young and around the same age). this way they can socialize and become use to each other. ALWAYS keep them in separate areas at night and when they are alone until they get use to each other. HAVE THEM TOGETHER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU ARE AROUND SO THEY CAN BECOME FRIENDS! TOO MUCH TIME APART CAN DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD AS WELL!!

AND Last but not least YES YORKIES ARE VERY CUTE!!!!

Source(s): Have a vet diploma and use to work in a vet clinic.

Just keep in mind that training two pups at a time is twice the work! Work on your pug getting it trained to be a good family member and then get your second once the pug is fully trained. The second dog is really a matter of choice. As long as you get the pups from reputable breeders they will have the answers to any of your questions.

I think you should get two pugs at different times. It's hard enough to potty train one and I can only imagine the hell you'll go through trying two at a time. I say get one and wait about six months then get the other. Yorkies can be kinda yappy sometimes- that's why I say the pug. Good luck!

• Cara B

It depends where you are planning on getting the puppies. Don't go to a pet store and 'pick out' one of each. You'll be lucky if you can find a good breeder of each locally.

Two puppies at one time is a bad idea. They will be more interested in each other than you, both in terms of training and affection. You will also have twice the puddles to clean up, and watching one puppy the whole time is hard enough when trying to go about your everyday activities, let alone two. While you're taking one out, the other will probably be peeing on the floor or chewing up your prize possessions.

Take one step at a time, one puppy is more than enough work.

As for Yorkies, I have found every one I ever met to be ill-tempered. That may be due to them typically being more spoiled than a lab for example. Every one i've ever come across was snappy and yappy. They require a lot of grooming also. And yes, I agree they are ugly.

Yorkie+PuG=DISASTER! Pugs are great with children and generally very friendly. I had a Yorkie and she was wonderful but they tend to only "adopt" one member of the family. She hated my other dog and attacked my ferret. She only acted out when she saw me being affectionate to another pet, other than that she was very sweet. There is a reason you see Yorkies in bows and outfits. they are born to be spoiled! They are great and playful so long as they remain the center of your world.

i think yorkies are so adorable . i think you should get them at the same time because if you get them at the same time then they will no each other longer and they might get along better if they were the same age. that is wat i think and that is just my opinion. you choose wat you think cause you are the one getting the dog . also if you no you are already getting a pug dont you want 2 different dogs. remember when you get the pups they are not always gonna be good or get along you have to love them the same if you want them to treat you good and so they dont get their feelings hurt. or you might want to get them at a different age only if they are inside dogs because if they were inside dogs and you got them at the same time it would be hard to potty train them.

It will be more work to get them at the same time, but they will grow up together and this would be a good thing. So it really depends on how committed you are to potty training and such.

It don't matter the breed just try to get them at about the same age so they can grow up together. BUT if you don't want alot of work just get one dog.

i think that yorkies are a fine breed, cute too,i would sugest yoou do some reaserch on the breed for the wich one first question-if one has difficulty addapting get that one first

if you want them to be best friends, you could get them around the same time.

but, if you want to be able to properly train them, then you should wait.

basically having two dogs is having two best friends in school, and you are the teacher.