Is Yahoo! Answer's pointing system really useful and fair?

I don't like this system ,limits are stops me. I can ask 2 more question after this. This is unfair.

• rodcom
    Favorite Answer

Yes, its fair. You want everybody's help but don't want to help anybody else. This keeps selfishness within limits.

Someone just got really bored one day and sat down. While they were sitting they got a bright idea to make a yahoo questions and answers. They made it into a game by adding a point system. The people who came up with it thought it very fair. Plus, why would you want to ask 100 questions a day, you loose points for it. Just ask them every now and then when you really need to. You'll get points faster and you'll get to a higher level. When there, you can ask 1,000,000s of questions and not have to worry as much about points.

It is only unfair if it singles you out. Since everybody here had those same limitations and those are the Y!A rules, it can't be considered unfair. It's just the rules of the game as set by them. You will get less and less limits as you go up in levels, so just be patient. Try voting (1 point per vote) instead, if you have not done so. Click Discover up above, then click Vote!

Like other things in life not everything always seems fair. As you vote and answer questions you will get more points and will be able to ask more questions.

I enjoy the site and I enjoy seeing how many points I can rack up.

If you ask alot of questions those points will disapear. Just have fun with it and don't let a silly internet "game" get ya upset.

Fair is fair. I find the system fair enough - help others & you gain points, make others help you and you pay with your points. See, i get 2 points for helping you now!

• .

*shrugs* It is what it is...if you don't like it there are TONS of other sites to play on with different requirements and rules.

I don't think the pts here really serve a purpose and I'm not sure of their reasoning behind limiting newbies to the site versus giving people unlimited access/posting-ability from the get-go...

...but it's Yahoo!s thing and since I enjoy coming here, I work (or rather play) within their limitations.

I dont like that I can only answer so many questions. I cant wait to get to level five where I have a lot of stuff unliminited.

Source(s): (:

Answer more questions, and vote on some more questions. You'll get to the next level in no time! That will allow you to ask more and answer more questions.

Fair is Fair buddy! You have to work on it for awhile!

What do you really get by gaining points? It's kind of silly anyways