Is Yahoo! Answer's pointing system really useful and fair?

I don't like this system ,limits are stops me. I can ask 2 more question after this. This is unfair.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • rodcom
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, its fair. You want everybody's help but don't want to help anybody else. This keeps selfishness within limits.

• 1 decade ago

Someone just got really bored one day and sat down. While they were sitting they got a bright idea to make a yahoo questions and answers. They made it into a game by adding a point system. The people who came up with it thought it very fair. Plus, why would you want to ask 100 questions a day, you loose points for it. Just ask them every now and then when you really need to. You'll get points faster and you'll get to a higher level. When there, you can ask 1,000,000s of questions and not have to worry as much about points.

• 1 decade ago

It is only unfair if it singles you out. Since everybody here had those same limitations and those are the Y!A rules, it can't be considered unfair. It's just the rules of the game as set by them. You will get less and less limits as you go up in levels, so just be patient. Try voting (1 point per vote) instead, if you have not done so. Click Discover up above, then click Vote!

• 1 decade ago

Like other things in life not everything always seems fair. As you vote and answer questions you will get more points and will be able to ask more questions.

I enjoy the site and I enjoy seeing how many points I can rack up.

If you ask alot of questions those points will disapear. Just have fun with it and don't let a silly internet "game" get ya upset.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Fair is fair. I find the system fair enough - help others & you gain points, make others help you and you pay with your points. See, i get 2 points for helping you now!

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

*shrugs* It is what it is...if you don't like it there are TONS of other sites to play on with different requirements and rules.

I don't think the pts here really serve a purpose and I'm not sure of their reasoning behind limiting newbies to the site versus giving people unlimited access/posting-ability from the get-go...

...but it's Yahoo!s thing and since I enjoy coming here, I work (or rather play) within their limitations.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont like that I can only answer so many questions. I cant wait to get to level five where I have a lot of stuff unliminited.

Source(s): (:
  • 1 decade ago

Answer more questions, and vote on some more questions. You'll get to the next level in no time! That will allow you to ask more and answer more questions.

• 1 decade ago

Fair is Fair buddy! You have to work on it for awhile!

• 1 decade ago

What do you really get by gaining points? It's kind of silly anyways

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.