my 8 month old daughter?

my daughter is 8 months old and under her armpits it's really red it looks like a rash and under one of her ear is also very red does anyone know what causes that?

Favorite Answer

its a sweat rash,make sure baby is dry after bathing in these places and use antiseptic cream on these parts,like savlon or sudocream.you can use baby powder under her arms to

Source(s): nurse

It sounds as if this may be a recent problem? If so, have you changed laundry detergents or does the baby have new clothes/sheets? If yes to the first - go back to whatever you were using before. If the other, be sure to always wash and RINSE all new clothes and bedding thoroughly before using the first time. If neither of these are the culprit - definitely call the Nurse's Hotline or get your baby to the pediatrician, ok?

Often babies, in fat folds, can get a yeast infection. She may have this or it is starting to get irritated due to trapped moisture etc. I know they have lotions to help but unaware if they are presciption or over the counter. It isn't that serious so don't worry and check with the pediatrician to be sure. My kids never got them but my niece did. Best thing is to dress them in cotton and let air get to the area. Even if it is just a rash.

Don't worry too much. Babies get rashes and bumps that come and go. Try putting some diaper cream on any red areas. They should fade.

Could be rash or allergy to soaps, including laundry soaps.

Might want to use Dreft, and use botanical baby care products. Arbonne makes great baby stuff. Read my profile for info.

my six month old has had the same thing on and off for a couple months. I think it is heat or clothes rubbing. I started washing and rinsing extra careful there which helped.

i think it is rash or ear temperture

CALL a DOCTOR