how to get something from popping up on my computer desk top all the time?

every time I close the limewire download thing pops up telling me I need to finish down loading and I dont want to. Ive tried going to that site and it says that wasnt the right name on the account

Favorite Answer

Remove Limewire, and run Adaware, it sounds as if you have spyware and potentially people using your system as a music pirate host. Limewire is a virii spyware hatchery. Opt for a known safe way to download music such as Yahoo Music or Itunes.

In all likelihood you'll need to take your system into SafeMode to remove all spyware remnant that Limewire hooks into your system.

here is my take on products such as Limewire, there is a saying in the field. You get nothing for free. pirating music using Limewire is a good example. Limewire opens your computer up to major security flaws.. If you do your banking online in all likelihood if you use a P2P product your identity has likely been stolen or cataloged into someone's "use this account next bucket".

Source(s): 20 yrs of computer Admin, PC desktop, Server and Unix support.

I guess you have some type of spyware on your computer, and what account are you talking about?

• lizie

go to control pannel and delete the file from your computer memory.

Don't use limewire then!