What shampoo doesn't test on animals?

I usually use VO5, but I want to try something different.

I was about to buy a bottle of SunSilk, when I noticed it didn't say "This product is not tested on animals"

So does anyone know a list of shampoos that don't test on animals?

Favorite Answer

Also, I would be wise to the wording on the back. If the "finished product" is not tested on animals, that doesn't mean that the separate parts aren't before the product is assembled.

My personal favorite line is Avalon Organics. I get them at the Vitamin Shoppe and health stores.

• Susan

In addition to Nature's Gate and J/A/S/O/N, there's also Lush, which makes shampoo bars and liquid shampoo. They also have one vegan conditioner, called Veganese, that smells deliciously citrusy. As someone else pointed out, your local Whole Foods (or natural foods store) will have lots of shampoos with fewer chemicals and that are less likely to have been tested on animals.

Well, I'd suggset that you start shopping in a natural food store instead of a grocery store or pharmacy. That way, you'll have no problems finding a line of skin and hair care products called "Kiss My Face". These are not tested on animals.

You'll get that same guarantee about just about every cosmetics and toilettries item in that store, as well as about the household cleaning products.

Yea, actually pantene does test on animals. Treseme is really good. It even says on the label that it does not test on animals. Also, it's a lot less expensive than many other hair products.

Avon Cosmetics does noit test on any animal ever.

I've used Herbal Essence, VO5, and Suave. I thought Pantene didn't test, but maybe I'm wrong.

Paul Mitchell is an awesome brand to begin with, especially their tea tree brand. Smells wonderful, and you can help plant a tree when you buy it! My dad has it, that is how I know.

• lovely

Avon does not test any of its products on animals.

• Swirly

I believe that Pantene does test on animals. For a complete list of companies that do not test on animals visit www.caringconsumer.com

• me

Natures Gate has a full line of cruelty free products.

Burts bees!