why do i have advertisements on my yahoo home page and how do i delete them?

• Yoi_55
    Favorite Answer

That is how Yahoo! makes money, you cannot get rid of them. If you use FireFox, you can install the AdBlock extension:

http://adblock.mozdev.org/

• Ron75

This is irritating me also and to my knowledge there is no way to delete them. And I don't want to hear bout the FREE Yahoo service. I pay SBC/ATT a good monthly rate for this service and they pay Yahoo to use their servers. I have tried contacting Yahoo every way I can find and have never received a response from them. It seem to be that we will do whatever we want and you can pay or leave which I am talking to AT&T about doing as I have my home page set up for using the way I want it. I have the impression that Yahoo could care lessabout their service and customers, just what money they can make.

Ron

yahoo runs on the money from ads.install a firefox plugin to prevent most of them.