can hairpin cracks on the inside lip of 3-piece custom wheels be repaired?

Favorite Answer

you didn't mention what these rims are made out of. If I were to harbor a guess, with this information, would be no they won't be able to be repaired. If they are aluminum, in order to weld them up, you'd have to put them in an oven to preheat the area to be welded. I'm certain that would ruin them, not to mention, with the heat that is needed to weld them the rim would most likely warp...

Modern welding technics can repair just about any type of metal failure. Aluminum is still tricky but a reputable welding shop could weld and reshape the cracks fairly easily.

Source(s): 20 plus years Master Mechanic

Depending on the material the wheel is made out of, steel or aluminum will not be a problem to repair.

Yes! try www.wheelcollision.com. I've lived near bath PA all my life and they have been there as long as I can remember. ( I'm 33)

Source(s): Mechanic for 8 years.