Help!- Does this Bath & Body Works gift look cheap?

I had given someone a 4oz (travel size) body splash, lotion & shower gel, along with a small clear makeup bag, all from B & B Works. It came out to be around $13-$15 total. She got me a $20 gift card. I feel bad because I know she spent a little more. Does my gift look cheap? Do you think it matters, especially when you work with a lot of people & don't really know how much to spend, or is it really just the thought that counts? Thanks

Favorite Answer

I concur with the notions that

1 You took the time to pick something out.

2 It is the thought that counts.

3 It's only a few bucks difference.

And, it's still a good present. It's not as though you grabbed the first thing you saw at the dollar store. I wouldn't worry at all, and that goes double with "you work with a lot of people & don't really know how much to spend."

#1 if the person knows anything about B&B, they know that it isn't cheap. #2 It really is the thought that counts. Somepeople make there gifts at a fraction of the cost of ready made things. Also, have you ever been given a simple thing like a flower if so, then you know that warm feeling just because someone cared.

no! when I got a BBW gift a few years ago, it was a wonder that I actually liked--no, loved the scent--and still buy it to this day. Also, little gift sets are always fun. Yours was a nice little indulgent treat. ALSO, people usually give, well, crappy--stuff @ work, and you gave something GOOD. So don't worry. Once at my work, some jerk actually gave me a plastic box of plastic children's jewelry! Anotheer time, I got a horrible book--which the guy who gave it liked...I threw it in the garbage!

It's totally the thought that counts! Bath and Body Works never looks cheap. At least you got her good products!

you shouldnt have to compare down to the nickle what gifts cost. you took time to pick something out for her and that in itself is a gift too! don't allow this kind of thing to rob you of the Joy of sharing with others. Merry Christmas

no, it doesnt look cheap, i love bath and body works! but next year if you want to buy her somthing a litlle nicer you should probably go to Victoria Secret, and get some perfume it ranges from $40-$60

It shouldn't matter how cheap it looks, because to me it looks like you took time out to consider and do something nice for someone else!

That's not cheap it's only 5 dollas off...the thought does count.

• Gayle

Lip gloss is good for 18 months after first use. I don't know about your friend, its possible she just brought a bum bottle.

• Definitely NOT cheap. Very thoughtful and I'm sure she will love it! There is NOTHING cheap about B&BW.