Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

Is it true that combining Menthos + Coca-Cola can kill you ??

I heard a kid died in brazil after he ate menthos while drinking coca cola. What about other kind of mentholated products or candies?

Favorite Answer

i think that it cause the coca cola to explode. you know like what happens when you shake a soda and it explodes? I think that's all it does because we did something like that in science.

No this is an urban myth. Your stomach has a very acidic content due to the hydrochloric acid and this will conteract the effects of the combined menthos and cola. Just as someone else said it is no more true than combining pop rocks and pepsi will kill you.

theres an forwarded email telling that it is very hazardous to combine coke and menthos.. on those photo's they put the menthos on the coca cola bottle and then it explode like what youve doin in your chemistry lab! but still i dont know there still no accurate information about it

• kat

It won't kill you, but it would probably hurt your stomach. Go outside and drop a mentos into a 2 liter bottle of coke and watch what happens. Make sure you are in an open area because the soda will explode.

Not really, a lot of the fizz goes away as you drink. Then when bubbles are released in your stomach, your stomach can expand a bit, and it also has ways of releasing excess pressure. Do not, repeat, do not be stupid and test the limits of your stomach. Don't even think about it. Watch the great experiment imitating the Bellagio fountains here:

http://www.eepybird.com/dcm1.html

Watch myth-busters on the discovery channel and you will see what happens when you mix soda and menthos.

It's true. I once let one of my kids fill up on Menthos and Coke and she ate and ate and ate and ate and eventually exploded. It was quite a mess. My wife divorced me over it. Unreasonable, huh?

it cant kill u but it will explode the coka-cola around ten 2 15 feet. and u spelled mhehto`s wrong it is spelled mento.

Source(s): spelling bee

I am not so sure, but if you combine Coca Cola + arsenic it is fatal.

Source(s): Lucrecia Borgia, secret recipes.

It may be true. Watch this video of a diet coke and mentos death:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0uIfKgM0-Cc

Youtube thumbnail