Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What makes me think the Bible is the word of God?

Prophecy. The Old Testament was written before Jesus was ever born. The New Testament was written by the men who knew Jesus, who walked with Him, ate with Him, and learned from Him. In the O.T. there are prophecies concerning His birthplace (Micah 5:1-2), that He would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), that He would be rejected by His own people (Isaiah 53:3), that He would be betrayed by a close friend (Isaiah 41:9), that He would die by having His hands and feet pierced (Psalm 22:16-18), and that He would rise from the dead (Psalm 16:10, 49:15). In the N.T. all these prophecies, and many more, are fulfilled by Jesus. Now, this is the question you must answer: "If the Bible is not inspired from God, then why does it have so many fulfilled prophecies?" How is that possible if the Bible were not from God? Only God knows the future, has power over it, and can look into it to tell us exactly what will happen. In the Bible we have the fingerprints of God: fulfilled prophecy!

Favorite Answer

What sold me on the bible being the truth is a scripture about the earth being a circle hanging upon nothing! Im to tired to go find what scripture it is but im sure somone will know where it is!

could it be that his disciples created the stories of the things that would fullfill those prophecies after the fact? They knew them as well and knew they would create a problem for the Romans by fullfilling those prophecies even stealing his body from the tomb?

Most of those stories were told a century or more later when those who where there were dead. For example the miracles of Jesus many say were created later by Paul and others to entice people to convert

well said friend! They dint call it the living word and the sword of truth for nothing

There are 47 individual messianic prophecies in the bible. All came true. Mathematically the chances for just 8 of those to come true are 1 in 1million million. To illustrate this you could cover the state of Texas with silver dollars to a depth of 2 ft and mark eight of them with an x send a man blindfolded out there and see if he picks all eight....now realize that they all came true the chance of that happening by chance is impossible.

Bible is not the word of God.

Someone like Jesus was the only one who heard the words.

Bible is the word written by an average human being based on the memory of what he thinks Jesus said.

Hahaha

hahaha

are you kidding me? Here email me and I will tear apart each one of those "propheceys"

so do we have a deal? If I am able to disprove them you will lay off?

just a quick point the words Virgin dose not exist in Issiah 7:14

nor dose the word pierced exist in Psalm 22

The bible makes you think of God's word because God wrote them!

Amen! the Word is living and speaks to me every time I read it... even the same verse can speak differently at different times/needs in my life!

it takes only one fulfilled prophesy to lend credit to the Bible being of divine inspiration. the fact that there are thousands make it brazenly obvious.

What makes you think the Bible is the word of God?

Delusion or wishful thinking.

Whatever turns u on brother , but

me thinks , you should try a Bourbon+Coke ....