December Family Circle candy bar cookie?
Lost recipe from Family circle December 2006 easiest cookie with melted candy bars on top...anyone have it?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/3 Cup confectioners' sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
7 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 14 pieces
20 snack-size caramel and chocolate candy bars, unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 350. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy-duty or nonstick aluminum foil, making sure the foil is tucked into all the corners and that there is at least 1 inch overhanging the top of the pan on all sides.
2. Combine flour, confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium-size bowl and with an electric mixer, mix on low speed. Add butter and mix on low speed until ingredients just begin to come together. Sprinkle mixture across the bottom of the prepared pan and press with your fingertips into an even layer (mixture will be dry). Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Bake crust at 350 until the edges are just golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pan from oven to wire rack.
4. Place the candy bars in 4 rows of 5 over the hot crust and return pan to the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, remove the pan from the oven and then spread the melted candy into an even layer with an offset spatula. Bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes until the candy is melted and bubbly. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
5. Grasping the overhanging foil on either side of the pan, lift the bars from the pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp chef's knife to cut into 20 pieces. Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.Source(s): Family Circle Dec., 2006