why do people answer with "I dont know," or "I have no idea"?

are they really tryin to be helpfull? or do they just want the points or there name out there? i think answers like these should be banned, or something, cuz they just take up space, and give out free points

Favorite Answer

Based upon the fact that you get two whole points for answering, many people will abuse the system by saying 'i dunno' or 'no idea' or 'you're stupid' or 'is this a serious question?' People are retarded and they think that these points will one day actually mean something. but just like Christmas, Y!A will lose it's meaning and soon enough, every question will be answered and people will get bored with it. hey, it's a better answer than "Huh, good question lol smiley whatever"

Sorry, but obviously they are only doing it for the two points. However, banning something like that would not work -- they would just find another, non-helpful way to answer and continue wasting space! At least they don't transmit viruses, like the TROLLS!

I have no idea........ LOL

You do have a point, i've never answered a question like that, but I assume that's why.

I, personally, would rather try to get the "best answer" points, instead of racking it up by volume.

They just want the points half the time but every once in the while you come across one who answers because they want to be helpful and just...don't know.

• .

Yeah, basically I believe they do it for points, instead of perusing the site for a question they actually CAN answer.

Those answers are "illegal" actually...they can be reported as "Not a question or answer" or "Point-gaming" either one...whether or not Answers acts on the report though, I do not know.

it's just a points game for those people. they are the same ones who say "i never had a horse" when they come upon a horse related question. very irritating.

You answered your own question.

its all about the points,and who will get recognition for all their points.......Oh well.........Thanks for the point tho...I couldn't resist

I have no idea... lol lol lol sorry I couldn't resit

Since Y!A downgraded "IDK" as a violation situation, it crops up now more than ever