what do u think about violence in family?could this experience change your life completely?

fear,desire of revenge,imposibility to deffend yourself,no feelings...how should behave a child who has to affront those things? why this kind of things happen today?do u think this kind of experience is a trauma also when all finished,when u grew up?!!!u aren't able to smile,to share your feelings with the person u love,to tell him/her 'i love u'...

Favorite Answer

of course that will change your life. I cannot explain it just on this page but i can tell you from personal experience that it does forever change the person you are. your biggest thing is a lack of trust which is why you cant express your feelings or show emotions. The person is too afraid of being hurt and since that is all they have known its too hard to open up. Counseling can help but, at first it makes it worse because its like living through it all twice. After that it helps though. If as a child you couldnt trust your family not to hurt you how are you ever supposed to trust anyone?

Family violence is very hard to not remember or to get over, no matter how old you are.

I suffered with it through 2 marriages. I've spent many years in therapy, and I still have trouble opening up and letting another have my heart! I had children. I got out as soon as I thought they would be a part of the violence.

Try counseling. Hope you get a counselor that really cares, and really can help. Too many of them sit behind their desk acting like they know what your going through or how it's destroyed you, but alot don't give a dam.

Get to love yourself.

If you are in a situation like this then GET OUT!! This type of stuff can ruin a person! It really changed me and as for children, they can grow up and do the same things because thats all they knew when they were younger! You basically condition people and when is negative actually good?! Read up on domestic violence and that should help you out.

My father physically beat my mother. There were myself and three younger siblings. I loved and hated him at same time. I tend to have a very explosive personality. I do not abuse women in general, though I have been in some explosive situations. I have some tender feelings , yet I can be extremely callous. I love deeply, but I have been very promiscuos.What else would you like to know!

Violence in a family is bad. Yes it could change your life. Violence in a family could cause their child to do very bad things like killing people and all this other stuff.

yes it doest change everything i know. it happened to me. like one time when i was smaller i 16 now but my 3rd stepdad shot my little brother and he made me watch. and wat was worst i couldnt move or do anything . i was just a little girl but i fel bad i could have shot the bastered or something. now he in jail and my brother is gone.

MUST GET SOME CONCELING SOON

IF THIS WON'T WORK THEN MOVE OUT