Megan asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How much at salon?

What is a good tip at the salon? If haircut and color cost roughly 70-80 bucks.

Sometimes I feel like I tip them too much.

Favorite Answer

For that cost, I wouldn't tip more than $10. But it depends on how long it takes. If you are in there for an hour or less, give $5, if its several hours, I would tip closer to $10.

I typically do 10% for an average job and will add on a couple of bucks if the sylist did a really great job and got me in and out quickly. I give the shampoo girl/guy about $3.

if u tip them well they will be pleased and probablly give u better service!! but if they do a so so job one day then tip them less theyll get the hint a do a great job all the time!! happy holidays

I tip them nothing, just smile and wave and walk out!! ha ha! I only tip a hot staight guy that does my hair

it depends on what hair salon you go to but thats the average range thought but it might be in between thought

I Usually tip $3.00 depending on how good my stylist did.

$8-12, depending on how happy you are with the result, and based on how much you can afford.