When did the Spirit of Christmas Giving become the Holiday for Retail Profit?

Christmas Decorations in Stores would always surface after Thanksgiving but now I've noticed Store's Decorated after Holloween. Why is this??

Favorite Answer

It is the store owners push for money. They understand that Christians giving nature during CHRISTmas can get sales.

My wife and I refrain from buying each other gifts during CHRISTmas. We do a lot aof giving a church during December and volunteer. Our love for Christ and each other are what CHRISTmas is about.

Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

• thomas

Holiday sales are a big boost to profits. Most seasonal Items have a higher mark up per item. By getting them out earlier their hopeing to encourage sales. They've pretty much written thanksgiving off because there really isn't any special items required for it besides food which can go bad. In the case of stores like walmart,kmart,target they have an area set asside for outdoor stuff which isn't selling during the winter so they swap it out for holiday stuff. Even before one holiday passes their rotating in the next to keep that area active.

Dead floorspace=lost profits.