how can I catch a mouse who does not go for cheese or peanut butter in the traps?

Favorite Answer

Mice only eat cheese when desperate. I usually use peanut butter, but failing that, bacon seems to work, as do bird seeds, crisps, sesame seed paste, fish paste, sandwich fillings, there are loads you can use to replace ones that are not working.

sounds like it particularly is going to be a small, youthful mouse & no longer putting lots tension on the trip. Peanut butter continues to be the terrific, yet without oil or semi dryed. Small quantity on tip of the trip & consistent with risk rather dry so the mouse has to apply extra tension licking it off. Have the trip rather on the Hook. or perhaps the mouse traps are too old with a wiped out spring.

Forget the food/trigger/smash traps. Use sticky-glue traps instead. When mice go from place-to-place in a house, they almost always go around the perimeter - by the baseboards. So - you buy these sticky traps (Wal-mart, grocery store, etc.) and place them behind the refrigerator, or the couch, or someplace dark near the baseboards. You can bait the sticky traps, but it's really not necessary. When the mouse goes from A to B along the wall, it will get stuck in the trap.

Source(s): My experience - took about 45 minutes.

Bologna (or baloney if you will)

I cut it into small strips and used bread twist ties to get it on the trap. The mice flocked to it. I could put it out and sit back and in a few minutes there were some already coming out to get it. Of course we were having a really bad winter mouse infestation. I also warmed it in the microwave before I put it on there.

I have also read that mice like lemon drops. I have no idea of how you would get one on a trap. I guess you could try a lemon flavored gummi bear or something and see how that worked.

In old trap model where u keep peanut or cheese is waste.nowadays,new rat trap is available,i dont remember the name of the product.but it looks like falt square surface in cardboard which has some sticky material or gule.when any rat keep its leg it will be caught and it cant move out of that board.i really tried it once.in a single day i able to catch that mouse.just buy this and keep in the front of the hole where the mouse often comes.

They make a trap that is extremely sticky. Even more sticky than honey. Put it near a wall and once the mouse steps on it, he'll be stuck there and won't be able to go back in his hole, so you'll see him and throw the whole thing away... It's easy and no setting the trap any more.

I've caught several very careful peanut butter licking mice with gummi bears shoved deeply on the mechanism.

Get rat poison. Mice are so credulous they go straight for the traps. Its very effective and youll notice fewer mice in your house. An alternative would be to own a cat.

Just leave your empty TV dinner trays on the floor before you go to sleep.

Source(s): experience

Red juu jubes get them Evey time