Thyroid Cancer?

if i had tyroid cancer would only one side of my throat hurt when i swallow? or would it be both? its not a sore throat feeling, but rather a sharp pain after swallowing like a muscle spasm.

This has been an ongoing problem now for one year.

• DeeDee
    Favorite Answer

please see a doctor

my mum had cancer in her thyroid and they operated within 4 days of finding she had it.

they removed the thyroid gland completely .. just have to be on tablets now

and she didnt even know she had anything ... doctor noticed on a check up that her throat was a little swollen

I doubt if it's thyroid cancer. You should go see a doctor, you may have something lodged in your throat or nodes on your vocal chords.

it sounds like to me that you have a sore throat. sometimes when i have a sore throat, i get sharp pains too. to make sure you should go to the doctor and have him check it out. good luck

I had thyroid cancer, I didnt have any pain at all. I bet you have some sort of infection, and not thyroid cancer..

Go to your family physician and ask for a CBC (complete blood count) and let her know of your suspicions. Maybe it's just strep...

Source(s): Good luck and God Bless.