What is the one rule your parents had in your house that you absolutely do not follow now?

For those of you still living with your parents, what's the one rule you hate the most?

Favorite Answer

Although it wasn't a hard and fast rule, we always were given a difficult time for sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday.

I don't force my teens to get up on Saturday now unless we have something specific to do or somewhere to go. They always comply when I get them up for a reason, and they are very aware of their responsibilities when something is happening that I need help with or with regular chores.

this is pretty minor, but I was not allowed sweets while growing up. My mom bought diet pop, sugar free gum, and never kept candy around. Candy and ice cream and the like were reserved for special occasions, and of course I got them when I went to grandma's house. I can't complain though, becasue I only ever had one cavity while growing up and still have very good teeth now. So, now that I am an adult and buy my own groceries, I guess from time to time I do over indulge a bit, but not much.

• Snark

I didn't have a lot of rules to live by as a teen. My father wouldn't let me go anywhere late at night... and I don't follow that now, but I didn't then either :p

Wash the dishes right after eating

No eating in the bedroom

No boys in my room (ok, I'm married, but I broke that rule soon after moving out)

There are so many more that I can't remember all of them. I didn't live in Xanadu. I lived in Xanadon't

I hated all their stupid rules it was like growing up with Hitler, so I moved out and do whatever I want it's great, I would like to jump on the bed but I dont want to have to buy a new one.

Since getting married and having children I have slowly begun morphing into my mother. Crazy. I think that's every woman's fate, though..

• Tony M

My parents would not have allowed me to drink the way I do now!

Do not bring Jews and black people in the house.

Mommy was a little racists.

I still love her, though. But man!

What a nut-case!!!

• smm

no eating cereal for dinner, or having desert first. i do it often now and she LIED!! desert first never ruins my dinner, only enhances it! Now i eat desert before and after dinner. Ha!

Watching porn, listening 2 music at a high volume, and females in my room.