How can you tell if your boyfriend realy acepts your kids if they are not his?

Favorite Answer

I have been in a similar situation and it's a hard one. It's not if your boyfriend accepts your kids it's if they accept him. Watch how he is with them, watch how he treats them. Does he have kids of his own? If he does, you could one day become a blended family, will the kids get along? If he doesn't have any kids you might want to be careful-it becomes a barrier because that isn't a common area you share. He doesn't have any children and any unsolicited advice isn't always welcome when it comes to discipline. Take your time with this one and remember that your kids' happiness comes first. You'll be their mom forever, this guy may be gone tomorrow.

Your inuition should tell you that. Does he interact well with the kids or just seem bothered by them? Does he play with them? Do they react positively when he's around? What do they say to you about how he treats them? I was brought up by a man who was not my biological father but I never knew the difference until I was old enough and found out my real dad died in an accident before I was born. My dad treated me and my brothers (his kids) the same. Make sure he treats them well and trust your instincts. NEVER stay with a man who is not good to your kids because it will mess them up later in life. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Source(s): My big brain lol

Watch how he interacts with them...it should be easy to tell by the way he treats them , plays with them and the time he spends with them. If he includes your children when making plans, etc. will tell you if he truly accepts them.

I would say by the way he interacts with them. Also, if he doesn't live with you, asking how they're doing, regarding health, school, activities, etc., would be a big plus.

Is he paying them any attention, do he ask about them he should make sure the kids are comfortable and then focus on you

trust your intuition.